We respect your privacy and personal data. In our commitment to protect the privacy of our users, and to provide a safe and secure user
information regarding the management and protection by QX of personal data processed from website visits, purchases, calls and surveys
and your choices with respect to your personal data.
It also explains the process to exercise individual privacy rights regarding one’s personal data held by QX.
- “Personal Data” means data about a person who can be identified
- “Personal Data” means data about a person who can be identified
- from that data; or
- from that date and other information to which QX has or is likely to have access.
- By accessing and using this Site, interacting with us, submitting your Personal Data to us, or signing up at our Site and/or for our Services, you agree and consent to us processing and using your Personal Data in the manner as set forth in this Policy. If you do not agree to abide by this Policy or any variation thereof, your only recourse is to cease using or accessing our Site and/or our Services. The expression “variation” shall include any amendment, supplement, deletion or replacement howsoever reflected. Your continued use of our Site and/or our Services after any such variation constitutes your acceptance of the latest terms of the Policy.
- If you provide Personal Data on behalf of someone else when you register for an Account, you warrant that you have obtained the authorisation from that person to provide such Personal Data on his/her behalf and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless QX from any claim that such authority did not exist. If your Account is registered by someone else on your behalf and by using (or continuing to use) our Site and/or our Services through your Account, you are deemed to have agreed to the terms of this Policy.
QX COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- In order to provide a better service to you, we process Personal Data about you which are obtained from (whether now or in the future):
- the online forms and/or supporting documents that you have or required to fill/submit in person or through other forms of communication for the purposes of your application and usage of our Services;
- your utilisation of our Products and/or Services;
- from your communication with us through various methods such as emails, social media, letters, telephone calls, and allfrom your communication with us through various methods such as emails, social media, letters, telephone calls, and all conversations or correspondences with QX’s personnel and/or our authorised agents;
- your subscription to our Services or mailing list;
- your response to online surveys or participation in our campaigns;
- details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your request or purchase;
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access; and
- from the public domain and third parties (if any) such as your legal representatives, authorities, statutory bodies or government agencies, QX’s related and associated companies and affiliates, service providers, strategic business partners, public search engine, and any other relevant bodies, agencies, or partners in connection with our Services or such other third parties.
- complete an online form, request information, subscribe to a mailing list or for our Services, respond to an online survey or otherwise actively send us data. For example, we will obtain your Personal Data when you register for an Account, send us feedback, contact us for any reason, sign up to our Services, or make a purchase.
- When making your purchase, you would provide us with the necessary information required in order to place your order and have it delivered. In doing so, you provide Personal Data necessary to contact you and deliver your purchase, which includes but not limited to the following:
- your identity (including your full name, NRIC number/ passport number/ other identification numbers or details, date of your identity (including your full name, NRIC number/ passport number/ other identification numbers or details, date of birth, gender);
- your contact information (including your email address, shipping address, and telephone number); and
- your financial information (including debit card/ credit card number). In doing so, you allow QX to store some of this information in the QX customer database. Your credit card information is not stored by QX and is sent to a secure third-party payment processor. QX may also collect non-personal information about you even if you do not purchase any products on our Site. Your date of birth and gender are optional information and not mandatory to be provided, which if provided, will be used in our demographic researches.
- Whenever you volunteer such Personal Data, you are consenting to the manner in which it will be handled in accordance with this Policy. It is necessary for us to collect and process your Personal Data. Failure to supply such Personal Data or consent to this Policy may result in our inability to provide you our Services. If you choose not to provide any Personal Data whenever required by us in order to grant you access to our Site, our Services and/or certain features or functions of our Site, you will not be able to access or use our Site, our Services and/or such features or functions of our Site.
- We only retain and store Personal Data for so long as it is necessary. Personal Data may be archived as long as the purpose for which the Personal Data was used still exists. Thereafter, we will destroy or delete the information, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory, accounting or other business requirements or to protect our interests.
PURPOSE OF THE PERSONAL DATA
- The purposes for which your Personal Data is collected and processed by us in and outside Malaysia will vary and may comprise all or any one or more of the following purposes depending on the nature of and the status of the relationship which you have with QX.The purposes for which your Personal Data is collected and processed by us in and outside Malaysia will vary and may comprise all or any one or more of the following purposes depending on the nature of and the status of the relationship which you have with QX. Such purposes include:
- processing your orders for our Products and/or Services, process exchanges or returns, and to verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you may make;
- providing you and to continue providing to you our Products and/or Services;
- administering your registered Account;
- preparing and executing legal documents and/or instruments in relation to our Products and/or Services;
- researching, designing, launching, and administering sweepstakes, campaigns, contests, or similar promotion which you participate in;
- to contact and communicate with you, including responding to your enquiries and/or complaints and resolving disputes, and to improve our services to you;
- financial purposes, including accounting and tax;
- verification and security purposes;
- updating and backing up our records;
- carrying out researches on our customers and users’ demographics, statistical analysis and modelling and to produce data, creports and statistics;
- ensuring that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices;
- providing you with alerts, newsletter, education materials or information that you requested or signed up to;
- promoting and marketing services and products;
- management reporting including compliance, audit and risk assessment, management and monitoring and to comply with legislative and statutory requirements applicable to us in or outside Malaysia;
- the investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions and for prevention and detection of crime;
- legal proceedings, and protecting and enforcing our rights, including recovering any overdue amounts owing to us and seeking professional advices;
- general administrative and management purposes;
- all other purposes in relation or incidental to the above.
Your information is necessary to us. Unless otherwise stated, all information requested by QX is obligatory. If you do not provide all the obligatory information as requested, we will not be able to keep complete information about you, thus affecting our ability to accomplish the above stated purposes.
- QX may also disclose the information you provide on our Site to other corporate affiliates in the QX group, so that they may contact you namely regarding promotions, events, and any value added services relating to any of our Products and/or Services, or any other products and/or services that may be of interest to you.
- Please be aware that we do not control the policies or practices of third parties to which QX discloses information about users of our Site and that any use or disclosure of such information by third parties is not governed by this Policy. However, transfers of personal information are governed by contractual clauses which ensure compliance with data protection legislation.
- If you do not wish for your personal information to be utilised for such communications, or if you would like to change your mind on a previous consent you have given on this, please contact us as set out at the end of this notice. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We will keep the Personal Data held by us as confidential but may disclose your information to the following parties (including those within or outside Malaysia):We will keep the Personal Data held by us as confidential but may disclose your information to the following parties (including those within or outside Malaysia):
- personnel, agents, contractors, vendors, advisers, auditors, financial institutions, and third party service providers (including but not limited to professional, financial and / or payment service providers) in connection with our operations or services;
- your agents or advisors (including but not limited to professional advisers) and any other person notified by and authorised by you;
- government agencies, statutory bodies, or authorities; • any person who is under a duty of confidentiality to us;
- our related and associated companies, third party affiliates, overseas offices, business partners and counterparts (if any);
- persons to whom we are required to make disclosure under applicable laws and regulations in or outside Malaysia;
- actual or proposed transferees, participants or sub-participant of our services in or outside Malaysia;
- our assignees or potential assignees, acquirers or potential acquirers and successors-in-title
- in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
- announcement on our Site and media outlets including any form of social media; and
- other parties, in respect of whom you have consented to the disclosure of your personal data.
- We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These essential cookies are set throughout our Site and are required for the operation of the Site to:
- allow our web server to determine whether the cookies setting on your web browser has been enabled or disabled. This allows us to know whether data can be collected from your web browser;
- temporarily allow you to carry information between pages of our Site to avoid having to re-enter that information;
- temporarily identify your device after you has logged in to a secure page on our Site so that our web server can maintain a dialogue with your web browser in order for you to carry out certain activities.
- Analytical/ performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting/ advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Site, your response to our online advertisements, track the pages you have visited and the Site links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests, provide online advertisements or offers on our Site or third-party websites which are most like to interest you and to evaluate the effectiveness of our online marketing and advertising programs. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to ‘not accept’ cookies by changing the settings on your web browser but if you block all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on our Site will not work properly.
- We may use third party web analytic services on the Site. The service providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyse how visitors use the Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Site. These analytic services may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the marketing materials of their own advertising network.
COLLECTION OF COMPUTER DATA NOT NECESSARILY PERSONAL DATA
- When you visit our Site, our servers will automatically record information that your browser send. This data may include:When you visit our Site, our servers will automatically record information that your browser send. This data may include:
- your computer and mobile phone’s IP address;
- browser type;
- webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site;
- the pages within our Site that you visit;
- the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched for on our Site, access times and dates, and other statistics. These information are collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our Site and our Products and/or Services. These data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
YOUR CONSENT AND RIGHTS
- By using our Services, placing an order, or visiting our Site in general, you consent to us collecting and processing your Personal Data and other activities in accordance with this Policy, and you confirm that all Personal Data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your Personal Data.By using our Services, placing an order, or visiting our Site in general, you consent to us collecting and processing your Personal Data and other activities in accordance with this Policy, and you confirm that all Personal Data provided by you is accurate and complete, and that none of it is misleading or out of date. You will promptly update us in the event of any change to your Personal Data.
- Under the Personal Data Protection Act (the “Act”), individuals have the right:
- to check whether we hold Personal Data about you and to access such data;
- to require us to correct as soon as reasonably practicable any Personal Data relating to you that is inaccurate;
- to ascertain our policies and practices in relation to Personal Data and the kind of Personal Data held by us; and
- to object to the use of your Personal Data for marketing purposes and we shall not use your Personal Data for marketing purposes after you communicate your objection to us.
- You may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us if you wish to object to the use of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes. Please send requests for such objections, access to data, correction of data, information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held, questions or complaints to: Email: [email protected] Attention: QX Fashion Assistant
- In accordance with the terms of the Act, we have the right to and may charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access request.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
- In accordance with Section 7(3) of the Act, this Policy is issued in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. In the event of any inconsistencies or discrepancies between the English version and the Bahasa Malaysia version, the English version shall prevail.